Humatrope 24 Mg Pen is a polypeptide hormone of rDNA origin.
It has 191 amino acid residues, with an amino acid sequence that is biologically identical to that of naturally-occurring human growth hormone. Humatrope is produced through synthesis in a strain of E. coli modified with the addition of a gene for HGH.
Humatrope® (somatropin for injection) is indicated for the treatment of pediatric patients who have short stature or growth failure as a result of:
- Growth hormone (GH) deficiency.
- Turner syndrome.
- Idiopathic short stature, defined by height standard deviation score ≤-2.25, associated with growth rates unlikely to result in normal adult height, in whom other causes of short stature have been excluded.
- SHOX deficiency.
- Small for gestational age birth, and fail to show catch-up growth by 2 to 4 years of age.
Humatrope is indicated for the replacement of endogenous GH in adults with GH deficiency, either:
- Adult-onset, as a result of pituitary disease, hypothalamic disease, surgery, radiation therapy, or trauma; or
- Childhood-onset. Patients treated for GH deficiency in childhood who have closed epiphyses should be reevaluated to determine if they should continue growth hormone.
- Acute Critical Illness: Somatropin should not be used to treat patients with acute critical illness from complications after open heart surgery, abdominal surgery or multiple accidental trauma, or those with acute respiratory failure.
- Prader-Willi Syndrome in Children: Somatropin should not be used in pediatric patients with Prader-Willi syndrome who are severely obese, have a history of upper airway obstruction or sleep apnea, or have severe respiratory impairment. Humatrope is not indicated for the treatment of pediatric patients who have growth failure due to genetically confirmed Prader-Willi syndrome.
- Active Malignancy: Somatropin is contraindicated in patients with any evidence of active malignancy.
- Hypersensitivity: Humatrope is contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to somatropin or the supplied diluent.
- Diabetic Retinopathy or Closed Epiphyses: Somatropin is contraindicated in patients with active proliferative or severe non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy. It should not be used for growth promotion in pediatric patients with closed epiphyses.
The Benefits of HGH in the body:
● Builds muscle
● Enhances immune function
● Strengthens the heart
● Helps control stress-induced damage
● Aids kidney function
● Enhances orgasmic intensity
● Lowers blood pressure
● Lowers cholesterol
● Long-term use reduces insulin requirements in diabetics
● Stimulates nerve cell growth and repair in brain, spinal cord, & peripheral nerves
● Stimulates joint repair from damaged cartilage, tendons
● Decreases body fat (particularly abdominal organs)
● Increases extracellular fluid
● Speeds healing from burns, surgery, fractures
● Restores bone loss of osteoporosis
● Reverses congestive heart failure
● Restores youthful drive & energy
● Restores pulmonary function in chronic lung disease
● Improves mood & sleep patterns
● Thickens skin, restores tone & elasticity
● Reduces susceptibility to illness
● Protects against early cancer cell formation
● Stimulates growth & repair of all organs of the body